Double ka meetha is a sweet dish made from bread and milk and is really delicious to taste. It is also called bread dessert or lettuce. Important ingredients include bread, milk, sugar, and saffron. The royal pieces were first introduced by the Mughals and still remain a part of the Mughal cuisine. Double ka meetha dish is a traditional dessert from Pakistan and India. A royal dish is a dish to offer on occasions and that’s why it’s served as a sweet dish at weddings and other events.
- 12 Bread Slices
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 liter Milk
- 5 Green Cardamom
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 cup Hot Water
- 5 tbsp Corn Flour
- Cooking Oil(for frying)
- 15 gm Cashew
- 15 gm Almond
- 1/2 tbs Yellow color
- 15 gm Pistachio
Directions for double ka meetha recipe
- In cooking, pan add milk and boil it. But do not forget to stir continuously, once the milk is reduced.
- Add sugar, vanilla essence, yellow food color, hot water cook and cook for 15-20minutes.
- Put in rose water and saffron and stir continuously.
- Add cardamoms but cook it just for aroma add almond and cashew, cook for 2 minutes low flame.
- Now add cornflour mixed in water to thicken the mixture. Hence, the mixture is ready.
- Afterward, add cornflour mixed in water. So, the mixture is ready now.
- Now, take the bread slices and cut them on the sides and cut them into two triangles
- In a frying pan, add cooking oil and heat it and shallow fry the bread slices until its light brown color.
- Slices are fried now. For one minute soak these slices in prepared mixture If you prefer soft version, therefore soak it for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the slices in serving dish and pour the prepared mixture on slices.
- Garnish it with chopped almond and pistachio, and serve.
Also, like :